Per Governor Whitmer, MDHHS, and the MHSAA, all Heritage High School sports activities (practices and contests) are suspended effective immediately through at least December 8. All winter sports tryouts and practices are postponed. The only allowed coach-player contact and activities for all sports (fall, winter and spring) is virtual communication and meetings through at least December 8. Exceptions to this will be communicated directly to student-athletes from the coach and/or parents.
We will continue to communicate updates as that information becomes available.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents and students to continue following the public health recommendations:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Practice the 3 Ws:
- Wash your hands (with soap and water for at least 20 seconds)
- Wear a mask
- Watch your distance
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Continue to socialize responsible – limit gatherings outside your household.
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
For more information about the Emergency Order, visit http://Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
For more information about the MHSAA guidance, click here.